Claude CloseAssociateP 803.366.3388
Claude Close joined Morton & Gettys as an attorney in 2017. He focuses his practice on real estate and corporate law.
Claude developed an interest in those areas while serving as a law clerk at Morton & Gettys. During those two summers, he worked with the firm’s experienced attorneys, conducting research and drafting documents in a wide range of areas, including commercial and residential real estate and land use.
A 2017 graduate of the University of North Carolina School of Law, while a student Claude served as a legal intern for U.S. Bankruptcy Judge David M. Warren of the Eastern District of North Carolina. In that position, he conducted legal research, assisted with document drafting and reviewed cases. He also served as a legal extern for the UNC Athletic Department, reviewing and updating department policies and drafting a sponsorship agreement template.
Claude graduated from the University of South Carolina in 2014 with a degree in sports and entertainment management, earning Dean’s List honors for several semesters. He also served as a marketing intern for the athletic department, maintaining databases and reviewing promotional material to make sure it met trademark standards.
Outside of work, Claude enjoys staying active and spending time outdoors. He’s also an avid sports fan.
South Carolina, 2017
- University of South Carolina, Bachelor of Science, Sport and Entertainment Management, 2014
- Dean’s List for three semesters
- University of North Carolina School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2017
- Member, Transactional and Corporate Law Association
- Volunteer, Southern Environmental Law Center Chapel Hill chapter, 2014-15
- South Carolina Bar
- York County Bar
- Historic Rock Hill Board, 2018 – present