Michael K. HatchAssociateP 803.366.3388
Michael is licensed to practice law in North Carolina, Georgia and Florida as well as South Carolina, positioning both him and Morton & Gettys to serve clients whose business and litigation matters cross state lines.
This capability is particularly valuable in real estate transactions, collateral securitization and title underwriting. Michael often serves as title counsel in four states, working regularly with major title insurance underwriters in the Fidelity National Title Group. He also regularly represents lenders, buyers and sellers in South Carolina, North Carolina, Florida and Georgia as well.
Additionally, Michael works with many homeowners associations, assisting them with matters such as creation or amendment of covenants and restrictions to later enforcement and interpretation, including lien filings.
Because of Michael’s extensive experience concerning commercial real estate property and securitized loans related to such matters, he often represents lenders in commercial real estate foreclosure matters in South and North Carolina.
He also offers businesses a full range of services, including but not limited to the formation of entities such as limited liability companies, partnerships, both general and limited, corporations and non-profits to contracts. He represents landowners in eminent domain and condemnation actions, helping them seek fair compensation for their property.
Michael lives in Rock Hill.
- State of South Carolina
- State of Georgia
- State of Florida
- State of North Carolina
- University of Georgia, Bachelors of Arts, Japanese Language, magna cum laude, 1993
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2001
- SC Bar Community Association Law Committee, member 2013 – 2015
- Boys and Girls Clubs of York County, board member, 2012 – 2016
Disclaimer: The following examples are intended only to be representative of Mr. Hatch’s practice. These examples are not intended to, and cannot be relied upon to predict the results in any other case. Morton & Gettys is not responsible for content or statements made on pages outside its site.
- Worked as title counsel for title insurance underwriting purposes in Georgia, North and South Carolina. Worked regularly with title insurance underwriters, which belong to the Fidelity National Title Group: www.fntg.com.
- Worked regularly with title insurance underwriters national commercial service departments as local counsel for title insurance purposes.
- Acted as counsel for lenders, purchasers and sellers in real estate related transactions in Georgia, Florida, South Carolina and North Carolina.
- Represented lenders in commercial and residential real property foreclosures and loan compliance-related issues in York County and throughout North and South Carolina.
- Represented homeowners associations and alternatively homeowners regarding drafting, enforcement and interpretation or neighborhood covenants and restrictions.
- Routinely worked with entrepreneurs to assist with business entity formation and draft agreements and contracts for businesses to use in the conduct of their business.
- Represented parties to commercial leases in civil collection and lease term enforcement actions.