Experienced. Skilled. Creative problem-solvers.
A Rock Hill native, Nate joined Morton & Gettys as an associate in 2017. Since joining the firm, his practice has focused on business litigation, construction litigation, probate litigation and commercial landlord/tenant litigation.
He has served in every position on the executive board of the York County Bar Association and currently serves as the Immediate Past President.
Nate graduated from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 2016. He received the Claud Sapp Award after a vote of the members of his graduating class. The honor goes annually to the graduate with the best combination of leadership, scholarship and industry. He also completed the law school’s Konduros Leadership Development Program for third-year students identified as leaders.
After graduation, he served a year-long clerkship under the Hon. John C. Hayes III, a Circuit Court judge based in York County, South Carolina. Nate’s experience with Judge Hayes solidified the interest in litigation he’d acquired while participating on USC Law’s Mock Trial team.
Nate earned his bachelor’s degree in economics from Clemson. Between completing his bachelor’s and starting law school, he worked for a year at Warren Norman Company in Rock Hill.
His hobbies include following the Carolina Panthers and Clemson Tigers sports of any kind.
- South Carolina, 2016
- North Carolina, 2017
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2016
- Clemson University, bachelor’s degree in economics, 2012
- Rock Hill Schools Foundation Board Member, 2018 – present
- South Carolina Bar
- York County Bar
- President, 2020
- Mecklenburg County Bar
- Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch: Real Estate Law
- South Carolina Super Lawyers Rising Stars list, business litigation, 2022
- Order of the Wig and Robe
- York County Bar Association, Executive Board
- John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court
- CALI Awards in Topics in Insurance Law, Conflict of Laws, Legislative Process and Comparative Law
- Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Journal, editorial staff
- Phi Delta Phi legal honors fraternity
- Claud Sapp Award
- Konduros Leadership Development Program