With a great location in a thriving, growing community, Morton & Gettys offers attorneys, paralegals and administrative assistants the opportunity to work at a firm where they’ll love coming to the office every day.
We periodically will announce openings on this page, but please feel free to contact us even if there are no positions posted. We’re always eager to hear from our next great associate, law clerk or staff member. Simply email your resume to Robin Owens, Chief Operating Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current job openings
CIVIL LITIGATION PARALEGAL
Morton & Gettys is currently recruiting a Civil Litigation Paralegal with experience in business and construction litigation. This is not an entry level position. Only experienced candidates need apply. Our firm offers legal professionals the opportunity to work in an organization which values client service, collaboration, and hard work.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience providing paralegal support to civil litigation attorneys licensed in both South Carolina and North Carolina (5+ years’ experience preferred)
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, NetDocs, and state & federal electronic case document filing systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Drafting, formatting, and proofing legal documents and correspondence
- Tracking and organizing files and documents for ongoing matters
- Maintaining attorneys’ calendars for court appearances, hearings, trials, and deadlines
- Assisting in court hearing and trial preparation, including collecting and organizing exhibits, documents, and other materials
- Serving as liaison between clients, attorneys, consultants, witnesses, third parties, court staff, and other outside contacts
- Conducting basic legal research
- Coordinating meetings and depositions
- Establishing priorities and working concurrently on a variety of matters and projects
- Consistently exhibiting a high degree of professionalism
- Using initiative and discretion to accomplish routine assignments with minimal supervision
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary and benefits including:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Paid time off
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. A cover letter is required and should highlight the applicant’s relevant experience, education, and written communication skills. The cover letter should include the applicant’s compensation requirements and should explain why the applicant is interested in this position with our firm. No phone calls or drop-ins please. Applicants not following these instructions will not be considered. All submissions will be handled confidentially.