With a great location in a thriving, growing community, Morton & Gettys offers attorneys, paralegals and administrative assistants the opportunity to work at a firm where they’ll love coming to the office every day.
We periodically will announce openings on this page, but please feel free to contact us even if there are no positions posted. We’re always eager to hear from our next great associate, law clerk or staff member. Simply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current job openings
Family Law Attorney
We are currently accepting resumes for an experienced family law attorney licensed to practice in South Carolina. We are seeking an associate attorney for our busy family law practice, which is currently comprised of two well-known, seasoned family law attorneys and two experienced family law paralegals. Our firm offers legal professionals the opportunity to work in a firm that values client service, collaboration, hard work, and entrepreneurship. We offer full benefits including insurance (health, dental, vision, disability, and life), 401k with match, and paid time off. Interested attorneys should submit their resume with cover letter, including compensation requirements, via email to email@example.com. All submissions will be handled confidentiality.
Commercial Real Estate Attorney
We are currently accepting resumes for an experienced commercial real estate attorney licensed to practice in South Carolina and North Carolina. Licenses in other Southeastern states are a plus. We are seeking an associate attorney to complement our strong commercial real estate team, which is currently comprised of four attorneys and two paralegals. The ideal candidate will have four to six years practice experience in commercial real estate. Morton & Gettys offers legal professionals the opportunity to working in a firm that values client service, collaboration, hard work and entrepreneurship. We offer full benefits including insurance (health, dental, vision, disability, and life), 401k with match, and paid time off. Interested attorneys should submit their resume with cover letter, including compensation requirements, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions will be handled confidentially.
Criminal Defense Paralegal (Part-Time)
We are currently recruiting a part-time paralegal to support our criminal defense practice area. The ideal candidate will meet all requirements as described below and will be available to work approximately 20 hours per week (Monday – Friday, 10:00am – 2:00:pm) with some flexibility to adjust hours depending on workload.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a paralegal supporting a criminal defense practice (This is not an entry level position – Only experienced candidates need apply)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Experience with PC Law and Federal filing preferred
- Review, analyze, and summarize documents, records, exhibits, discovery, depositions, and court pleadings
- Track and monitor cases and documents for ongoing matters
- Maintain attorney calendar for court appearances, hearings, trials, and deadlines
- Prepare and draft legal documents such as notices, motions, briefs, pleadings, discovery materials, appeals, contracts, etc.
- Assist in court hearings and trial preparation including collecting and organizing exhibits, documents, and other materials
- Serve as liaison between clients, legal counsel, consultants, witnesses, third parties, court staff, and other outside contacts
- Docket and take appropriate action to monitor and meet deadlines
- Establish priorities and work concurrently on a variety of matters and projects
- Consistently exhibit a high degree of professionalism
- Use initiative and discretion in accomplishing routine assignments with minimal supervision
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. A cover letter is required and should highlight the applicant’s relevant experience, education, and written communication ability. The cover letter should include the applicant’s compensation requirements and should explain why the applicant is interested in this position with our firm. No phone calls or drop-ins please. Applicants not following these instructions will not be considered. All submissions will be handled confidentially.