With a great location in a thriving, growing community, Morton & Gettys offers attorneys, paralegals and administrative assistants the opportunity to work at a firm where they’ll love coming to the office every day.
We periodically will announce openings on this page, but please feel free to contact us even if there are no positions posted. We’re always eager to hear from our next great associate, law clerk or staff member. Simply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current job openings
Criminal Defense Paralegal (Part-Time)
We are currently recruiting a part-time paralegal to support our criminal defense practice area. The ideal candidate will meet all requirements as described below and will be available to work approximately 20 hours per week (Monday – Friday, 10:00am – 2:00:pm) with some flexibility to adjust hours depending on workload.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a paralegal supporting a criminal defense practice (This is not an entry level position – Only experienced candidates need apply)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Experience with PC Law and Federal filing preferred
- Review, analyze, and summarize documents, records, exhibits, discovery, depositions, and court pleadings
- Track and monitor cases and documents for ongoing matters
- Maintain attorney calendar for court appearances, hearings, trials, and deadlines
- Prepare and draft legal documents such as notices, motions, briefs, pleadings, discovery materials, appeals, contracts, etc.
- Assist in court hearings and trial preparation including collecting and organizing exhibits, documents, and other materials
- Serve as liaison between clients, legal counsel, consultants, witnesses, third parties, court staff, and other outside contacts
- Docket and take appropriate action to monitor and meet deadlines
- Establish priorities and work concurrently on a variety of matters and projects
- Consistently exhibit a high degree of professionalism
- Use initiative and discretion in accomplishing routine assignments with minimal supervision
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. A cover letter is required and should highlight the applicant’s relevant experience, education, and written communication ability. The cover letter should include the applicant’s compensation requirements and should explain why the applicant is interested in this position with our firm. No phone calls or drop-ins please. Applicants not following these instructions will not be considered.