J. Richards McCrae IIIPartnerP 803.366.3388
A York County native who joined Morton & Gettys in 2009, Richards is an experienced trial lawyer whose practice includes personal injury cases and other civil lawsuits.
Richards McCrae, a partner at Morton & Gettys who has been with the firm since 2009, focuses his practice in two areas – general civil litigation, and personal injury.
Read more about his personal injury work at the M&G Personal Injury Group website. He and our other personal injury attorneys help people who have been harmed, through no fault of their own, as a result of car wrecks, commercial trucking accidents, workplace injuries, dog bites, medical malpractice, or wrongful death.
But he is an experienced trial lawyer who has handled other forms of civil litigation. He is known for handling all such court actions in an efficient and effective manner. He places the greatest emphasis on getting the best result for his clients.
“What I enjoy doing is being the person that fights for you,” he says on a recent video. “I’m going to make sure that, at the end of the day, you are made whole.”
Richards is a 2004 graduate of the University of South Carolina School of Law. After obtaining his juris doctorate, he clerked in the 16th Judicial Circuit for Judge John C. Hayes, before practicing for four years with a private firm in Columbia.
He is a native of York County, where he lives with his wife, Jennifer, and their three children.
- South Carolina
- US District Court, South Carolina
- University of South Carolina, BA (History), magna cum laude, 2001
- University of South Carolina School of Law, JD, 2004
- Good Folks of York County, Board of Directors, 2016 – 2020
- Cub Scout Pack 109, den leader
- South Carolina Swimming, stroke and turn official
- South Carolina Association for Justice, Board of Governors, 2012 – present; president, 2020
- Children’s Attention Home, Board of Directors, 2014 – 2016
- South Carolina Democratic Party, Executive Committee, 2012 – 2014
- York County Democratic Party chair, 2010 – 2012
- Springfield Middle School Mock Trial Team volunteer coach, 2009
- York County Bar Association member
- USC Alumni Association member
Disclaimer: The following examples are intended only to be representative of Mr. McCrae’s practice. These examples are not intended to, and cannot be relied upon to predict the results in any other case.
- Represented a client who was given the wrong dosage of a prescription medication by her pharmacist, resulting in a two-month long hospital stay and permanent injuries.
- Represented surviving spouses and family members in numerous wrongful death lawsuits.
- Represented numerous clients in motor-vehicle and trucking accidents.
- Represented a client who was viciously attacked by a neighbor’s pit bull.
- Represented three minor children who were severely injured when the boat on which they were passengers exploded.
- Represented a minor child who was struck by a car while walking home from school.