Beverly A. CarrollAttorneyP 803.366.3388
A skilled litigator, experienced business counselor and certified employment law specialist, Bev Carroll works with businesses of all sizes on a wide range of issues, from representing them during court appearances to advising them on day-to-day operations.
She stands ready to help firms work through problems, and also offers advice about procedures and policies that can help prevent problems from cropping up.
Her clients have included transportation companies, manufacturers, medical practices and commercial enterprises. She has helped them with issues such as mergers, regulatory compliance, licensing, contracting, and negotiating.
She is poised to assist with employment law issues, from wages to claims of wrongful termination or violations of non-compete agreements. Bev also can advise businesses on state and federal laws regarding employees and employee compensation and benefits.
A certified mediator who can help parties resolve issues without a lengthy court case, Bev is also a trial lawyer who can represent clients from a motion hearing through trial and appeal if necessary. She has handled many complex cases, including employment discrimination, trade-secrets lawsuits, non-competition and more. Licensed in all levels of state and federal courts in South Carolina and North Carolina, she has practiced in both Rock Hill and the Charlotte area.
Peers have recognized her work, bestowing her with an AV-Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell. In 2014, she was awarded the Platinum Compleat Lawyer Award from the University of South Carolina School of Law Alumni Council. That honor recognizes outstanding professionalism and civic accomplishment.
Bev is a leader in both the legal community and in Rock Hill. She is the current President of the South Carolina Bar, having held several other leadership positions with the Bar over the years. She also has served as President of the South Carolina Bar Foundation.
Closer to home, Bev is Chair of the Rock Hill Public Parks & Recreation Commission and past chair of Rock Hill Economic Development Corporation Board of Directors. She also serves on the Board of the Rock Hill Sports Commission.
- South Carolina
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Juris Doctor
- South Carolina Law Review, notes and comments editor
- Winthrop University, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science
- President, Student Senate
- Intercollegiate Field Hockey
- Certified by the Supreme Court of South Carolina as a specialist in Employment and Labor Law
- Certified by the Supreme Court of South Carolina as a Civil Court Mediator
- South Carolina Bar
- President, 2019 – present
- Board of Governors, 2016 to present, 1998-2002
- House of Delegates, 1997-2004, 2005-2006, 2010-2012, 2016-present
- South Carolina Bar Foundation
- President, 2013-2014
- Treasurer/Secretary, 2011-2013
- Board of Directors, 2007-2015, 2016 to 2018 (ex officio)
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- York County, SC Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County, NC Bar Association
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
- University of South Carolina School of Law Alumni Council, 2013 to present
- Rock Hill Economic Development Corp.
- Board of Directors, 2006-2012, 2013 to present
- Vice Chairman, 2007-2009, 2016 to 2017
- Chairman, 2009-2011, 2017-2018
- Council, 2003-2006
- Finance Committee, 2007 to present
- Chair, Long-Range Planning Committee, 2010-2011
- Rock Hill Public Parks & Recreation Commission
- Chair, 2019 to present
- Vice Chair, 1998-2019
- Member, 1989 – present
- York Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors, 2010 to 2016
- Chair, Long-Range Planning Committee, 2014
- Rock Hill Sports Commission
- Board of Directors, 2015 to present
- South Carolina Recreation & Parks Association
- Board Member, 2011-2014
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Distinguished Lawyer Award, Employment & Labor Law Section, South Carolina Bar, 2019
- Key to the City, City of Rock Hill, May 7, 2019
- South Carolina Lawyers Hall of Fame, S.C. Lawyers Weekly, 2018
- Compleat Lawyer Platinum Award, University of South Carolina School of Law, 2014
- The Mecklenburg Times, 2010 Most Influential Women
- South Carolina Recreation and Parks Association Citizen/Lay Volunteer Award, 2006
- W.F. “Charlie” Spencer Community Service Award, York County Young Lawyers Association, 1989