Experienced. Skilled. Creative problem-solvers.
A skilled attorney licensed in both North Carolina and South Carolina, Mary Stamato represents clients in civil litigation and family law.
She practiced for over three years before joining Morton & Gettys, representing clients throughout South Carolina primarily in family law cases. This included divorce and separation, child custody and visitation, and child support. She is a graduate of the National Family Law Trial Institute. That training helped hone her litigation skills through in-depth studies of all aspects of trial work, from opening statements to closing arguments. She also honed her skills in business valuation through work with financial experts at the institute.
Mary is now putting her litigation experience to work for Morton & Gettys’ clients with disputes involving real estate, probate, collections, and family law.
A graduate of the University of South Carolina School of Law, Mary served as staff development editor for the Journal of Law and Education. She also worked as a student attorney in the school’s Education Rights Clinic.
Mary earned a bachelor’s degree in Anthropology and English language and literature from the College of Charleston. Her academic achievements earned her induction in the Phi Sigma Pi National Honors Fraternity and Sigma Tau Delta International English Honor Society.
- South Carolina
- North Carolina
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Education Rights Clinic, student attorney
- Peer mentor
- Journal of Law and Education, staff development editor
- Legal Research, Analysis, and Writing tutor
- Graduate research assistant
- College of Charleston, Bachelor of Science, Anthropology and English Language and Literature
- Phi Sigma Pi National Honors Fraternity
- Sigma Tau Delta International English Honor Society
- Our Lady of Mercy Community Outreach Services intern/research assistant
- Center for Student Learning
- Writing Lab tutor
- Representative for junior project
- South Carolina Bar
- North Carolina Bar
- York County Bar
- Mecklenburg County Bar
- National Family Law Trial Institute