Experienced. Skilled. Creative problem-solvers.
An experienced real estate attorney who has represented clients in a wide range of commercial and residential projects, Trent Womble works with individuals and businesses to help create a smooth closing experience, no matter the size of the project.
He focuses his practice on commercial real estate and corporate law. Licensed in both South Carolina and North Carolina, he assists clients through all phases of their transaction, from land acquisition and financing to leases. His commercial practice includes a wide variety of financing mechanisms, from borrower-side refinances and purchases to private lender representation. As part of his commercial practice he establishes business entities, reviews and drafts operating agreements and resolutions, and ensures entities are properly authorized to buy and sell real estate in the applicable jurisdiction.
Before joining Morton & Gettys, Trent was a partner at a real estate law firm in Fort Mill where he’d worked for more than five years. He has helped clients close construction loans, residential flips, and swap closings. He currently and previously has represented regional homebuilders, handling execution of lot takedowns and homebuyer closings in markets across the Carolinas.
Trent has reviewed countless title searches, surveys, and conducted hundreds of purchase and refinance transactions as a closing attorney. He enjoys building relationships with his clients and collaborating with lenders, Realtors and other industry partners.
After graduating cum laude from the Campbell University School of Law, Trent began his legal career working in legislative affairs with the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services. He next worked as a family law attorney in Charlotte working on a team who represented high net worth individuals. His diverse legal background helped prepare him for the wide variety of issues he encounters as a commercial real estate attorney.
Trent earned his bachelor’s degree from the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill, graduating with distinction. He now lives in Fort Mill with his wife, Jackie and their three sons, Grayson, Caden and Regan. His hobbies include running, fantasy football, and coaching youth basketball. He has served as an adjunct faculty member for the Campbell University School of Law since 2014.
- South Carolina
- North Carolina
- Campbell University School of Law
- Cum Laude graduate in the top 20% of the class
- Campbell Law Review Comments Editor
- Book Awards for the highest grade in the course in: Employment Discrimination, Copyright Law, Professional Responsibility, Sales and Leasing (2nd), Business Planning (2nd)
- Beverly Lake Constitutional Law Award
- University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, Exercise and Sport Science, graduated with distinction
- Dean’s List every semester
- South Carolina Bar
- Campbell School of Law adjunct faculty, Bar Success, 2014 to present
- Youth Basketball Coach, Baxter Close YMCA, 2022 to present
- Small Group Bible Study Co-Leader, Summit Church, 2012-15
- Consignment Sale Volunteer, Hayes Barton Baptist Church, 2010-15
- Young Life Leader/Mentor, Chapel Hill High School, 2007-09