Morton & Gettys offers mediation services for civil law cases, including matters that involve leases, small business ownership and employment. Parties in all civil law cases in York County, as well as select other counties in South Carolina, are required to attend mediation before a trial may be scheduled.
Mediation can be a useful tool in a range of disputes. Through mediation, interested parties can share their opinions and reach a collaborative consensus on how to resolve difficult issues. Mediation also can help families avoid the financial and emotional toll of litigation.
Morton & Gettys provides the following online resources as a convenience to clients and the community. The law firm does not control the content found on these sites, and information or advice provided by these websites should be reviewed carefully with an attorney before making decisions regarding a legal matter.
- View videos that show various styles of mediation (Source: American Bar Association, Center for Representation in Dispute Resolution)
- Find out more about dispute resolution and attorney participation (Source: American Bar Association)
- Read issues of Dispute Resolution Magazine (Source: American Bar Association, Center for Representation in Dispute Resolution)
- Read issues of Just Resolutions E-News (Source: American Bar Association, Center for Representation in Dispute Resolution)
- Learn about mediation and the dispute resolution process continuum (Source: American Arbitration Association)